The immediate Van Houten Family consists of Kirk, Luann, and Milhouse. All three look alike: cobalt blue hair, red coke-bottle glasses, and giant, softball-sized noses, similar to earlier characters Akbar and Jeff from Matt Groening's Life in Hell comic strip. They are some of the few regular characters with eyebrows (although the ones Luann have are revealed to be phony in A Milhouse Divided). Kirk and Luann got a divorce in the same episode, but remarried in Little Orphan Millie.
Allegations of Incest
After long standing rumors that Kirk and Luann were closely related (due to their similar character design), it was revealed by Milhouse that they were indeed first cousins.
The grandparents introduced in the show have the same physical characteristics as Milhouse and his parents, making it more unclear just whose parents (Kirk's or Luann's) they are. They consist of:
- Kirk's father
- Kirk's mother
- Luann's mother, Nana Mussolini Sophie
- Luann's father, who owns a cracker factory
- Luann's half-brother, Bastardo Mussolini
- Luann's Sister
- Bastardo's father, an American soldier who impregnated Nana Sophie
- Grandpa Van Houten's second wife
- Norbert Van Houten
- Annika Van Houten
- Kirkedemious Van Houten, Milhouse's ancestor
- Milford Van Houten, Milhouse's great-great-great-great-great-grandfather
- Eliza Van Houten, Milhouse's great-great-great-great-great-grandmother
- Hiram Simpson, Eliza's father
- Mabel Simpson, Eliza's mother
- Zia Simpson-Van Houten, Lisa and Milhouse's non-canon daughter.
Family Member Gallery
- ↑ Episode 572 "Let's Go Fly a Coot"