William Shakespeare was an English poet and playwright, widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language.
Some of Shakespeare's plays such as Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar, Hamlet, King Lear and Macbeth have been mentioned throughout the series. An drawing of his likeness is the logo for Shakespeare Fried Chicken, a restaurant chain in Springfield.
Treehouse of Horror
Shakespeare once appeared as a zombie.
The Simpsons Game
An entire comic dedicated to his works in the Simpsons Comics' "Get Some Fancy Book Learnin'". Among the works that appeared in the comics were Troilus and Cressida, Antony and Cleopatra, Julius Caesar, Henry V, Romeo and Juliet, Two Gentlemen of Verona, Richard III, Titus Andronicus, and King Lear.
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror III" (as a zombie)
- Episode – "Wild Barts Can't Be Broken" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner?" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Tales from the Public Domain" (mentioned)
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror XIII" (mentioned)
- Episode – "The Regina Monologues" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Mommie Beerest" (mentioned)
- Episode – "We're on the Road to D'oh-where" (mentioned)
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror XIX"
- Episode – "The Book Job" (mentioned; pictured)
- Episode – "The D'oh-cial Network" (mentioned; pictured)
- Episode – "Love Is a Many-Splintered Thing"
- The Simpsons Game Level – "Game Over"